Trusted Boot in Fedora

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Wed Jun 22 20:57:54 UTC 2011

I'm curious to know the use case(s) for this technology.

Does it enable certain types of behaviour that aren't possible currently?

Would it enable a system running Fedora to interact with other systems
with a greater guarantee about its behaviour or function?

Is it just something that system integrators would see as a feature
enabling them to make a secured system (ie something useful for RHEL)?

If it just allows you to optionally run a signed kernel, I don't
understand the point if it can be circumvented by choosing to run an
unsigned one. So I think there must be some benefit that isn't
obvious. What's the benefit?

-Cam