GTK Menus and Buttons don't have icons

Hugo Osvaldo Barrera hugo at osvaldobarrera.com.ar
Sat Mar 5 02:53:51 UTC 2011

Some time ago, GNOME decided that "menus and icons having icons is
confusing" (though a great deal of people said "hey, icons are easier to
recognize than texts").

Personally, I disagree and reverted this to the previous behaviour.  I
found most people I know either did the same thing, or asked me how to
do it.

I realize that following mainstream GNOME is usually the preferred
choice inside fedora, however, I really believe that we should consider
if this particular option is the best.  Menus and Buttons with no icons?
 I can't think of many other places I've seen such a thing, icons are
REALLY easier to recognize than texts, that's what GUI are for.

Cheers,

--
Hugo Osvaldo Barrera