php-5.3.5-5.fc16, sphinx-0.9.9-2.fc14 - client version is higher than daemon version (client is v.1.23, daemon is v.1.22)

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 12 18:47:49 UTC 2011

W dniu 12 marca 2011 14:55 użytkownik Christof Damian
<christof at damian.net> napisał:
> 2011/3/12 Michał Piotrowski <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com>:
>> W dniu 11 marca 2011 15:19 użytkownik Michał Piotrowski
>> <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> napisał:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a strange problem in php -> sphinx communication:
>>
>> Do anyone uses this successfully on rawhide/F15?
>
> I use it in F14 & EPEL5.
>
> Are you using the php client library from sphinx-php or one bundled by
> the software you are using?

I'm using plugin for symfony framework.

> This usually happens when the php files doesn't match the sphinx server.

This is exactly what happened here. I looked at the plugin code and
realized that it doesn't use sphinx library installed in the system 8)

Problem is solved now, but it seems to me that relying on this
framework plugin will be the road to hell, so I'll have to give it up
and use php-pecl-sphinx.

Thanks for your help!

--
Best regards,