Fedora accepted in to Google Summer of Code 2011!

Ryan Rix ry at n.rix.si
Sat Mar 19 06:45:46 UTC 2011

Heya folks :)

So... after a year's hiatus, Fedora's been accepted in to Google's Summer of
Code program for summer 2011!

If you're a university student looking for a job this summer, start thinking
about some awesome idea that you'd like to make happen in Fedora this
summer. Applications will open March 28, so start talking with developers in
IRC and mail, and find something awesome to do! We have a list of some ideas
at: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Summer_coding_ideas_for_2011 but don't
limit yourself to that list. Find a mentor, and make your idea happen!

Mentors should apply to be a mentor[1] in Google's Melange instance. be
inviting those who are listed on the Ideas page. We've still some work to do
before the student applications open, some scaffolding to build, and some
things to decide, so please join in. I'll be sending mentors more information
soon.

[1]: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/apply_mentor/google/gsoc2011 --
we're listed as The Fedora Project

Congratulations, everyone, for the Awesome we're doing!
Ryan
--
Ryan Rix
http://rix.si/