Firefox 4 for f14?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Thu Mar 24 23:37:25 UTC 2011

On 03/24/2011 07:31 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> drago01 wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Mar 24, 2011 at 7:23 PM, Kevin Kofler<kevin.kofler at chello.at>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Did they really manage to stuff even the resources into the binary? Wow,
>>> very un-unixy! ;-)
>>
>> They didn't do that ...
>
> So it's not one big file… Scattered resource files are exactly what's most
> likely to stick around as garbage after uninstalling or upgrading in the
> absence of package management.

It's one self contained directory which makes its handling fairly easy. I
unpacked the nightly tarball to /opt/firefox and run it from there. To get
rid of it just delete the directory and you're done. So why RPMs are
generally preferable in this particular case the manual approach is quite
manageable.

Regards,
   Dennis