Axel Thimm: Unresponsive maintainer?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sat Mar 26 17:52:28 UTC 2011

Greetings.

Does anyone have a means to contact Axel Thimm and confirm he's ok and
if he wishes to maintain his packages in Fedora moving forward?
(I've cc'ed him on this as well).

The last commit I see from him was
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/scm-commits/2010-November/516359.html
Wed Nov 3 2010

I mailed him privately on Feb 20th with no reply.

He has 27 packages with owner/commit/approveacls:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/users/packages/athimm?acls=owner&acls=approveacls&acls=commit

He has 60 bugs assigned:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&emailtype2=substring&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&email2=Axel.Thimm%40ATrpms.net&emailassigned_to2=1&classification=Fedora

I have someone very interested in taking over
mediawiki-openid and php-pear-Auth-OpenID, so I will probably approve
them for those packages soon since they are both very broken and need
love, but I wonder how many of the others are in the same state. :(

Hope he's ok and will return to Fedora someday.
If someone can get a hold of him, we should at least get co-maintainers
for his packages so he doesn't need to worry about them.

kevin