Guile 2.0.0

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Wed Mar 30 16:41:21 UTC 2011

On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 08:05:49PM +0200, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On 03/08/2011 06:46 PM, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > guile-2.0.0 has been released, there are some important changes.
> >
> > - The license changed from LGPLv2+ to LGPLv3+.
>
> Looks like that could cause some licensing issues:
>
> geda-gaf: GPLv2
> lilypond: GPLv2
> rumor: GPLv2

It seems that we might not need a compat package after all. Lilypond
is actually GPLv3, rumor can be relicensed and geda-gaf looks like
it's actually GPLv2+.

I'd like to proceed with the update. Unfortunately, from the libguile
client packages only gnutls, guile-cairo and xbindkeys compiled
successfully in a local build with guile-2.0.0 installed. (which still
doesn't mean they will work correctly)

It is acceptable to break 20+ packages without knowing how much work
it will take to update them or should I try it in a dist-f16-guile
target first?

--
Miroslav Lichvar