illegal instruction - create compile variants ?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon May 2 01:01:28 UTC 2011

Am 02.05.2011 00:50, schrieb David Timms:
> Further, what can I run over an existing executable to detect what CPU
> it was built for, ie what instuctions have been included?

not really

the application must cpu-runtime-detect itself what means taht for
performance-critical parts different code is included and at
the start the application checks what code-parts have to be used

but this is nothing anybody can make generic by packaging if
the developer do not support native nor you can analyze the
binary to find this out