rpmbuild issue?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Fri May 20 09:06:10 UTC 2011

On Thu, 19 May 2011 22:34:53 +0100, P wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Would someone mind casting an eye over the attached spec file, please?

It doesn't even build (in Plague dist-f15 buildroot) due to missing
BuildRequires,

  checking for LIBGLADE... no
  configure: error: in `/builddir/build/BUILD/gtkpod-2.0.0':
  configure: error: *** No package 'libglade-2.0' found
  See `config.log' for more details.
  RPM build errors:

and you haven't quoted any rpmbuild error details. In several places,
the spec file does not meet the Fedora Packaging Guidelines (e.g.
the explicit "Requires: libid3tag" and others for webkitgtk3, gstreamer),
the library and -devel package are in group "Applications/Multimedia"
by mistake. The %files section are created lots of unowned directories,
so they need some love anyway.

> I am trying to build rpms against it on Fedora 15 beta but it errors
> saying that "Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found". However, all the
> files listed are those contained in the %files sections for the
> sub-packages. rpm-check appears to be ignoring them. Adding them to the
> %files for the package removes them from the error list but this seems
> wrong.
>
> I can run the same spec file on fedora 14, with only rpm "build
> requires" and "requires" versions being different, and it works fine.
> Likewise, rpmlint seems to have no problems with it.

Take another look at the $RPM_BUILD_ROOT directory contents and make
sure that all files and directories are assigned to your various %files
sections.