execve()ing non-existent command returns EPERM instead of ENOENT in Koji

Petr Pisar ppisar at redhat.com
Wed May 25 15:04:35 UTC 2011

Reviewer of my package found the package does pass tests in Koji
(dist-f16). I found the reason:

A test executes non-existent command and expects ENOENT. This is how it
works even in my local Rawhide. However Koji glibc returns EPERM.

You can see it in build.log of scratch build
<http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=3092204>:

  + /usr/bin/perl -le 'system qq{x-foo}; printf qq{%d %s\n}, $!, $!'
  13 Permission denied

and than failing tests #3 and #10.

The Perl on-liner executes `x-foo' commands and print errno and
strerror(errno).

Of course I can adjust tests to accept EPERM too. But, preferably, I'd
like to know if the spotted difference is intended or it's just a bug in
Koji setup.

-- Petr