orphaning 20

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri May 27 03:09:06 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Due to time constraints I decided to drop my maintainership for the
following packages. I think it would be better to use my limited time
for a smaller set of packages.

- aldrin: Modular music sequencer/tracker. dead project. there is a
fork called neil which is active (not in Fedora). has 1 open ABRT bug.
- armstrong: library. dead. needed by aldrin only.
- auto-buildrequires: Work out BuildRequires for rpmbuild automatically.
- creox: dead kde3 project. Real-time Sound Processor. have other
packages with similar functionality. has 1 open bug.
- kguitar: dead kde3 project. it has an unfinished kde4 port. Guitar
Tabulature Music Editor. have other packages with same functionality
- ctan-musixtex-fonts, tex-musixtex: Sophisticated music typesetting.
needed by kguitar
- esperanza: dead Qt4 media player GUI for xmms2. not using anymore.
xmms1 is still good :)
- frescobaldi: lilypond editor.
- hydrogen-drumkits: this was a collection of drumkits. hydrogen has
now its own interface to download drumkits. I think there is no need
to distribute this selection.
- jack_capture: Record sound files with JACK. has nice responsive
upstream. has 1 open ABRT bug.
- jamin: JACK Audio Mastering interface. has 2 open ABRT bugs.
- pdf-renderer: java library. required by itext-rups subpackage of
itext. I did not meet anyone who needed itext-rups. did you?
- pytagger: ID3 Tag Reader and Writer Library for Python 2
- raul: Realtime Audio Utility Library. no other Fedora package uses it.
- rtaudio: Real-time Audio I/O Library. needed by armstrong only.
- rumor: Really Unintelligent Music transcriptOR. required by
frescobaldi. has 1 open FTBFS bug #704535. I proposed a patch for the
bug in the bugzilla.
- tse3: dead library. needed by kguitar
- unalz: decompression utility for alz files.
- unoconv: Tool to convert between any document format supported by
LibreOffice. has 1 open ABRT bug.

Feel free to pick any of the above if you feel there is need.

Moreover, for the same reason, I will not be actively comaintaining
the following packages anymore:

- raptor, rasqal, redland, redlend-bindings: RDF libraries
- qjson: json library
- kmplayer: kde4 media player

Cheers,
Orcan