What to do if a package needs a modified SELinux policy?

Kurt Seifried kurt at seifried.org
Mon May 30 08:52:57 UTC 2011

I'm experimenting with a package that needs to have rsyslog write to a
named fifo pipe (so log data can be handed off from rsyslog to an
external program). As I see it the options are:

1) apologize to the user and tell them to disable SELinux (no thanks)
2) get Fedora SELinux policy to add an exception (best case scenario I think)
3) tell the user how to manually modify policy and update it (which
might then break the next SELinux policy gets updated/etc.).

Is there any official process/advice for this? Thanks in advance.

-Kurt