F16 on refit, does it work?

Andreas Tunek andreas.tunek at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 18:37:56 UTC 2011

On my iMac using refit I have triplebooted MacOS, Windows 7 and F15.
Yesterday I tried to upgrade (with preupgrade) to F16. In the end of
that updgrade process (when all rpm files have been installed and
cleaned up) process anaconda crashed leaving me with and unbootable
Linux partition. (I could not submit the bug report because there was no
network access during upgrade.)

I tried install F16 using a live cd. I created two partitions, one
MSBoot and on ext 4 / . The install seemed to go fine, but when I tried
to boot into F16 from refit I came to a grub prompt. Also, now I can not
boot into windows any more from refit, or by any other way that I tried.
So I am a bit sad right now.....

Anyway, has anyone installed F16 on a Mac running refit? Did you have to
do anything special?

Also, is anyone triple booting with F16 on a mac? In that case, do you
have any pointers?