systemd, disabling cryptsetup device

Jan Vcelak jvcelak at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 09:41:36 UTC 2011

> > > You want to use "rd.luks.uuid" kernel option. See "man
> > > dracut.kernel".
> >
> > rd_NO_LUKS (or rd.luks=0) disables LUKS detection
> > entirely. I believe this is not about initrd...
> >
> Sorry, I don't understand you. Your request was "don't mount a
> specific encrypted volume during boot", right?

Actually no. ;-) The question was, if I can force systemd
not to mount an encrypted partition. I do not have any other
encrypted partitions, so rd.luks=0 is fine.

However, I already found a resolution. "noauto" was missing
in /etc/crypttab from some reason. My fault that I haven't
double checked. Now it works like a charm.

Thank you Kamil for your answers. :-)

Jan