GNOME 3 - font point sizes now scaled?

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 15:34:45 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 16:09 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 3:35 PM, Matthias Clasen <mclasen at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2011-09-30 at 15:47 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> >

> >> There's nothing to do apart from waiting for enough complains to pile up the
> >> people in charge get past their reality denial phase.
> >> </rant>
> >
> > This thread could have let to something constructive... but not so much
> > anymore now, I guess. Good going, getting down to the rant level in less
> > than 10 mails :-(
>
> There's no reason it can't be recovered, Matthias can you provide an
> explanation of the changes and the rationale behind them?

They're documented in the code,, which has a link to the bug. We
basically can't trust the DPI X.org gives us. Which is something 2
people who have been working on GTK+ for > 10 years mention on the bug,
and I've double/triple checked with X hackers.

I'm not sure how we can make DPI magically be correct in gazillions of
broken displays' EDID.