Power Management Test day (2011-09-29) Stats

Jaroslav Skarvada jskarvad at redhat.com
Thu Oct 6 14:50:37 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> Jaroslav Skarvada wrote:
> > thanks all who attended the Power Management Test day, the feedback
> > was
> > really great. Stats follows
>
> On the topic of power management:
>
> Is there anything being done to address the regressions[1] in 2.6.38+
> kernels?

I cannot reproduce these numbers on our testing machine - in [1] power
consumption in active idle is +- measurement error, in other tests
it is mostly higher power consumption, but also higher performance.
Similar for idle graph in [2]. I will try to get one of the mentioned
machines and recheck. More detailed comparison of power consumption of
various Fedoras is on my todo list

regards

Jaroslav

[1] http://jskarvad.fedorapeople.org/pm-tests/