Fwd: TFTP stopped working on F14

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:15:31 UTC 2011

On 10/07/2011 03:38 PM, Aaron Gray wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think this is a development problem. I have tried everything obvious
> to get TFTP to work on F14 but to no avail. Could some one in the know
> look in to this please.
>
> I have tftp -server working on F14 and have done PXE Instillations
> using it. Since then I have done a yum update and ever since then have
> not been able to get it to work.

Well you can run yum downgrade on the updates that you performed to nail
down the one that potentially broke it.

> Below in the two posts are what I have tried, as far as I can see it
> is exhaustive.
>
> Many thanks in advance,

Well posts or not here is a quick debugging guide for tftp which should
tell you what's going on and note that using ip-aliase are broken in
tftp as it seem to be in (x)inetd based services in general...

Run

#tcpdump port 69 -v

#touch /var/lib/tftpboot/my-test-file.txt
#chmod 777 /var/lib/tftpboot/my-test-file.txt

#tftp $IP
tftp> status
tftp> trace
tftp> verbose
tftp> put my-test-file.txt ( or get my-test-file.txt )
tftp> quit

JBG