Fwd: TFTP stopped working on F14

Jiri Skala jskala at redhat.com
Fri Oct 7 20:21:48 UTC 2011

Hi Aron,
Johann proposed to check for /etc/xinetd.d/tftp - please try it.

What about xinetd? Is xinetd really running? You should find something
similar in /var/log/messages:

Oct  7 21:54:51 <hostname> xinetd[12970]: xinetd Version 2.3.14 started
with libwrap loadavg labeled-networking options compiled in.
Oct  7 21:54:51 <hostname> xinetd[12970]: Started working: 1 available
service
Oct  7 21:55:31 <hostname> xinetd[12970]: START: tftp pid=12997
from=10.1.1.114

You mentioned usage of tcpdump (further in the thread). Did you check
the output?

Which version do you have currently installed? ('rpm -q' for tftp and
tftp-server)

Jiri