API change: bump mapnik to 2.0 in rawhide?

Alex Lancaster alexl at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Oct 17 21:46:19 UTC 2011

On 17/10/11, Tom Hughes wrote:

> On 17/10/11 20:02, Alex Lancaster wrote:

>> Looking at the changelog, it isn't obvious whether this
>> introduces any ABI/API changes or not, hence this e-mail.

> I just asked Dane on IRC and he confirms that they are not compatible so
> the soname needs to be bumped.

Thanks.  In that case, I think the soname in mapnik itself will be bumped
automatically (as a result of the rebuild of 2.0), that doesn't require
any manual bumping (other than a rebuild).

The real question then, is whether the apps that depend on it (only
gpsdrive as far as I can tell at the moment), will be API-compatible
with 2.0.  i.e will also only need a rebuild, or do they also need to
be updated and/or patched to work with 2.0?

Alex