UsrMove feature

David Tardon dtardon at redhat.com
Thu Oct 27 05:52:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 03:23:55PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Besides this, one may have the opinion, that no binaries should be
> allowed in /usr/lib/. Fedora never enforced this rule, because RH has a
> tradition of being sloppy wrt. /usr/lib/<package>.

One may also have the opinion that you voiced your anti-RH attitude
often enough. Seriously, anyone reading this list already knows that if
a guy from Red Hat does something, whatever it may be, you are against
it. So, your general disagreemeent with anything Red Hat being a
well-established fact (I would even say axiom), you can as well save
yourself the effort of writing further emails to that end (which will
save the rest of the recipients of this list the effort of reading
them).

That said, I am eagerly awaiting your patches that make libreoffice use
FHS instead of placing everything into /usr/lib/libreoffice. The
installer is written in perl, so you should not have any problem with
it. You may need to change other parts of code as well, but I am
prepared to offer suggestions. I am also prepared to help you with
getting the patches to upstream.

D.