Marking zapped bugs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Sep 2 19:29:54 UTC 2011

On Fri, 2011-09-02 at 14:01 -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:

> What you're really saying is that most maintainers want to work from a
> list of unexpired bugs.  But there are ways to achieve that other than
> marking all the expired bugs WONTFIX.  Maintainers can always filter on
> the currently maintained Fedora versions, but it becomes tedious to
> configure that, which is where a virtual EXPIRED resolution exposed by
> Bugzilla would come in handy.

Mostly your proposal makes sense, but we're trying very hard to stick to
upstream Bugzilla since 3.x, as heavy customization of 2.x caused more
problems than it solved. So we're reluctant to add resolutions and
statuses that don't exist upstream - even if Mozilla have hacked up
their own copy of their own upstream bug reporting system to add
resolutions...

(if EXPIRED really exists in upstream bugzilla, that'd be a different
case.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey