PostgreSQL 9.1 and Lucene Core for F16

Michał Piotrowski mkkp4x4 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 20:47:25 UTC 2011

2011/9/11 Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com>:
> =?ISO-8859-2?Q?Micha=B3_Piotrowski?= <mkkp4x4 at gmail.com> writes:
>> 2011/9/11 Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com>:
>>> Yeah.  I have done test packaging of 9.1rc1 already, so it's pretty much
>>> ready to go on my end.  I would be prepared to push 9.1 into f16 on
>>> Monday if there were enough people willing to test and up-karma it
>>> before the freeze ... any volunteers out there?
>
>> I don't have F16, but I can rebuild packages and test on F15 if this
>> will have some test value.
>
> F15 is where I've been doing my own testing.  It's the F16 packages that
> would need karma, though.

I tried to upgrade to F16 at Wednesday, but preupgrade failed
somewhere. Next week I will not be able to upgrade because my vacation
ended and I need a fully functioning system over the next few days
(I've got a large webapp deployment). So I am afraid that I will not
be useful for testing PGSQL 9.1 on F16.

> The database weenie in me says that trying to push 9.1.0 into F16 at
> this late date is insane.  I'm willing to do it if we can get enough
> testing attention, but I think it has to be honest testing in an
> F16-alpha environment.

If I find some time I'll try to install F16 on VM, but I do not know
whether such tests will be useful. It seems to me that best and most
valuable tests would be just do some regular work on DB.

>                        regards, tom lane
> --

Best regards,
Michal