submitters +1ing their own packages

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Tue Sep 13 11:22:56 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 15:22 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 17:56 +0200, Nils Philippsen wrote:
>
> > > If there is
> > > not enough karma for his package to bring it into the stable, then there
> > > is probably time to ask somebody (probably on fedora-devel), to test
> > > this package.
> >
> > We have a default of +3 karma for automatic pushes to stable, so a +1
> > from the maintainer by itself isn't enough to push an update to stable
> > already.
>
> That's only a default, though; you can lower it to 1 when you submit the
> update. Also, once a critpath update hits the required threshold - +1
> from a proventester, +1 from anyone else (PT or no) - you can manually
> push it to stable, whatever auto-push threshold you set.

Well, I never really understood why we're able to lower the stable karma
threshold. To me that's much more "gaming the system" than a maintainer
+1ing his update after testing it (with the default threshold).

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty