how to have yum prefer one dependency over others

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:58:53 UTC 2011

On 16 September 2011 20:46, Jef Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are you sure you didn't cut it down so much that you are hiding problems
>> that your depsolving rules don't solve well?   Did you throw out someone's
>> baby with all that bathwater?

Perhaps I did; the tests were made intentionally simple.

> If I wanted to run the same transaction tests under current yum using your
> cutdown repodata directory and point yum to it?

Sure, I guess you could write some python for that. I'm not really a
python dude.

> I'm assuming you've done this already. are there particular test
> transactions where yum comes up with a different solution than zif using
> your cutdown repodata that you would like to draw my attention to?

No, I've not, but I would be very surprised if those simple
transaction results differed. The way the results would differ is if
you setup a fake repo that's intentionally broken, and switched on
skip_broken.

Richard.