how to have yum prefer one dependency over others

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 11:34:45 UTC 2011

On 17 September 2011 11:59, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> I think zif needs to be command line compatible and support delta RPMs

The former should work pretty well. If I've missed any obvious aliases
yell and I'll add them. The latter is 80% implemented, but I don't use
delta-rpms myself and it was left for somebody else to do. It would be
a nice little project for someone wanting to get to know Zif
internally. I can write up exactly what needs to be done if you mail
me offlist.

If delta-rpms support is a must-have then I can probably finish it in
a day or so. No biggie. :-)

> ...I think the problem PackageKit is facing is also true for other tools.

I agree. I've just merged the GIR generation into master, so hopefully
it would be possible to do things like use Zif from PHP and Javascript
in the future.

Richard.