Request for Review of C-ICAP, C-ICAP Classify

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:11:12 UTC 2011

Hello All,

I would personally like to see Nathan Owe's packages for C-ICAP and
C-ICAP Classify reviewed and included if at all possible in Fedora. I
have used C-ICAP for many years. I also am the author of MOST of C-ICAP
Classify (thanks to Bob Jenkins for his lookup3.c hash functions).

I know Nathan is trying to get these included so he can use SquidClamAV
and have it included in Fedora. I don't personally need this, but as I
don't care to ask for what I need/want selfishly, I would love to see
this included as well as I know many people prefer it to the included
c-icap clamav module for whatever reasons.

I am not a Fedora contributor (I have a few things I would like to
contribute, but unfortunately can't at this time or according to Fedora,
shouldn't, such as C-ICAP Classify, since it is my code), or I would
gladly review this packages myself.

To anyone who reviews C-ICAP Classify (particularly legal review), if
there are problems with things stated in the README, please feel free to
contact me. I was only trying to formalize what is generally
understood/followed in the F/OSS community and am quite willing to
address any problems that keep it from being acceptable.

Thank you,
Trever
--
"Before you ask more questions, think about whether you really want to
know the answers." -- Gene Wolfe, "The Claw of the Conciliator"