Buildroot overrides in Rawhide, was: GDBM upgrade in F17

Nils Philippsen nils at redhat.com
Wed Sep 21 12:01:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-09-21 at 13:53 +0200, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 21.9.2011 13:45, Honza Horak napsal(a):
> > I understand that buildroot override in bodhi works for f16 and lower
> > only, am I wrong? I wanted to create a new target to make it safe, but
> > after a discussion with rel-engs it appears to be too big hammer for
> > such a few of packages. A temporary perl built without gdbm seems to be
> > fine enough for this purpose.
> >
> > Honza

It seems that you're right, I got this when I tried to submit a
buildroot override for the current Rawhide dcraw package:

Error: Could not determine release for dcraw-9.10-1.fc17 with tags ['f17']

It's unclear to me why this would need to be the case. Creating a build
root for what we perceive as Rawhide should be just the same as

> Its strange to me. There are concerns to have Rawhide usable but at the
> end, if somebody wants to prevents problems using dedicated build root,
> it is denied by Rel-Engs, because it is probably to much work. This is
> disappointing.

It shouldn't really involve rel-eng at all, Bodhi buildroot overrides
should just do this as it does with branched releases.

Nils
--
Nils Philippsen      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase
Red Hat               a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty