Looking at retiring "chess"

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Sep 23 13:48:49 UTC 2011

On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 12:39:46 -0600,
  Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 22, 2011 at 06:47, Bruno Wolff III <bruno at wolff.to> wrote:
> > I was hoping to be able to work on a forked version of chess and have it
> > replace chess in Fedora, but I haven't had time to learn enough about
> > ogre to do this, and chess is broken enough now that there is no point
> > in including it any more. So I am looking at retiring it in f16+.
>
> If it is broken.. why not retire it now so that people don't download
> it, find it broken and then find out when no bugzilla reports are
> fixed it was dead?

As in right now? I wanted to give an opportunity for someone that knows ogre
well to try to fix it before f16s final freeze. The odds of that are close
to zero, but given were into beta freeze waiting a few more days didn't
seem to be an issue.

I am planning on yanking from f16 and f17 in a few days if I don't hear
from someone that thinks they can do this.