Need systemd unit file help.

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Sep 26 17:32:27 UTC 2011

Am 26.09.2011 18:32, schrieb Lennart Poettering:

> My question to you: why are these modules built at boot time at all? Why
> not at install time? Seems like the more appropriate time to me, given
> that the set of kernel packages does not change during boot, but only at
> install time.

because akmods is used to build kernel-modules after the kernel
was updated and the komd-package not - this was before vmxnet3
as example hardly needed for vmware because without network
yum makes no fun

another example are the nvidia-drivers - for normal users
it is not acceptable have no GUI after update / reboot

normally the kmod-packages are updated the same time
as the kernel in stable repos, but you can not guarantee
this for external repos everytime, especially that the
mirror you catched is recent enough