Zif backport repository for F15 available for testing

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Mon Sep 26 20:19:32 UTC 2011

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> I have put up a repository with an updated zif snapshot for Fedora 15 at:
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/kkofler/zif-backport/fedora-zif-
backport.repo

There's once again a new snapshot today. (I haven't announced every new
snapshot in the repository and will NOT announce them every time, just check
for updates regularly. :-) )

> The repository also includes a rebuild of PackageKit to deal with the
> bumped zif soname. This should only affect PackageKit-zif, but all
> subpackages including the main package are rebuilt, and provided because
> of the strict %{version}-%{release} dependencies.

Since there have been several bug fixes and improvements to PackageKit-zif
as well, as of NOW, the PackageKit that is provided is no longer a straight
rebuild, but has pk-backend-zif.c backported from git master (currently
20110926, but there too, I will NOT make an announcement each time I update
it). All the other PackageKit files are the same as in the Fedora 15
package, only the zif backend is backported from master. (I will only
backport other changes from master if they're needed to build the current
zif backend. Currently, no such changes are needed.)

        Kevin Kofler