Login on Fedora 17

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 13:30:46 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-04-21 at 23:59 +0900, Joel Rees wrote:

> > Note that we actually have a test case which is run during validation
> > testing and is intended to ensure that the same keyboard layout is used
> > for setting passwords during installation and entering them
> > post-install, because we had a lot of this kind of trouble back before
> > we did that. To my knowledge we haven't had a major bug of this type
> > since F15 or so.
>
> Well, maybe that doesn't get applied to some of the spins?

You can only rely on its having been run on the GNOME and KDE spins,
indeed. Those are the only release-blocking desktops, and therefore the
only spins for which it is required that the desktop validation tests be
completed. The tests often _are_ completed for the Xfce and LXDE spins
also, but this cannot be entirely relied upon. I think the security spin
is based on the LXDE spin?

> I'm pretty sure I ended up with keys moving on a password on a live
> USB of the F16 security spin. If I notice it again and have time,
> maybe I should file a bug?

Yes, definitely.
--
Adam Williamson