RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 20:57:47 UTC 2012

On 04/23/2012 08:14 PM, Jared K. Smith wrote:
>> >  Fesco is saying that if you have hardware that can install via Anaconda,
>> >  you must support installing via Anaconda. It's legitimate for you to
>> >  also have other install mechanisms, and hardware that's incapable of
>> >  supporting Anaconda installs isn't required to have them.
> Thanks for the clarification.  I just wanted to make sure I understood that.

FESCo should make that more clear in the requirements but even if they
do they still make secondary architecture solely depended upon the will
and the time of someone within the "Installer team" to implement the
solution required to install Fedora for their architecture before they
can become primary architecture.

That can mean from never to having to wait for several release cycles
before becoming primary architecture for the distribution.

 From my point of view that makes absolutly no sense and the
requirements should be refactored to require an working installation
method...

JBG