How can we make F17 be able to boot on Macs (with or without reFit)

Matthew Garrett mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org
Tue Apr 24 21:31:53 UTC 2012

(Note: *DO NOT* run the installer that is on this image. You'll probably
end up with a broken grub. Should be fixed soon)

I've put a test image up at
http://mjg59.fedorapeople.org/Fedora-Mac-EFI-test.iso - this should work
if burned to a CD or dded to a USB stick. Insert, hold down alt, select
the Fedora logo. Possible outcomes:

1) Complete failure. I've fixed all the cases I know of that could cause
this, but there may still be possibilities. Please file a bug.
2) Boots, but graphics don't work. Please try with nomodeset as a kernel
option, then file a bug.
3) Success. Hurrah! Do nothing more.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org