Fedora 18 Release name voting and Poll for whether to continue naming releases

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Wed Apr 25 08:55:46 UTC 2012

Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> It would be nice to have a third option:
> -Change release names to release theme.
>
> We don't really need a name (IMO), but the theme adds a nice touch.

A colour would be a nice clear release theme. You could even increment the
first letter of the colour for each subsequent release. e.g.

Amaranth -> Blue -> Celadon -> ...

See e.g http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_colors

There shouldn't be any major internationalisation issues, except for unlucky
colours, which are plain superstition. It would be easy to make a theme
which included that colour somewhere. Maybe someone else uses this scheme,
however.

Jeremy

--
http://jeremysanders.net/