firewalld / iptables.service past F17

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Apr 25 16:55:20 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-04-24 at 09:30 -0500, Jon Ciesla wrote:

> Nothing is being taken away, the default is being changed.  If you're
> using Fedora in production, I presume you're installing with
> Kickstart.

It's worth noting that if the question is how does firewalld handle
upgrades, I think it may be somewhat irrelevant because AFAIK even when
firewalld was going to be the F17 default, we never implemented anything
to cause upgraded systems to switch to it. It was only new installs
which were getting firewalld. Upgraded ones stuck with the static
iptables/s-c-f/lokkit system.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey