Use AutoQA to track changes in "provides" and "requires"?

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 15:37:38 UTC 2012

> Just an idea I had and wanted to float it out to the group...
>
> I think it would be nice to get an informational (obviously, not a
> blocking type check) to get changes in the requires or provides of a
> package. It would be a hassle to check it manually but I hope it
> would
> be fairly easy to automate.
>
> I'm thinking the output would just be a simple log showing added or
> removed items and perhaps version/soversion changes.
>
> One instance it might has helped in is BZ#842181, although in this
> case only rawhide was affected so as far as I know there's no real
> mechanism to "cancel" the update.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Richard

Something like this? [1] [2]

We already do that in the form of 'rpmguard' test [3]. Currently you have to sign-up manually to receive rpmguard/rpmlint results for new package builds [4].

[1] http://autoqa.fedoraproject.org/results/409386-autotest/virt02.qa/rpmguard/results/1:blender-2.63a-5.fc.html
[2] http://autoqa.fedoraproject.org/results/409350-autotest/virt02.qa/rpmguard/results/1:libguestfs-1.19.27.html
[3] http://autoqa.fedoraproject.org/resultsdb/frontend/search?envr=&testcase=rpmguard&results=PASSED&results=INFO&results=FAILED&results=ABORTED&results=CRASHED&results=WAIVED&results=NEEDS_INSPECTION&results=RUNNING&arch=&limit=20
[4] http://jlaska.wordpress.com/2010/06/01/fedora-package-maintainers-want-test-results/