Mass rebuild cleanup

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Sun Aug 5 03:36:55 UTC 2012

On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 08:21:16 +0530
Parag N(पराग़) <panemade at gmail.com> wrote:

> You are right but I am still finding the answer on what to do in such
> situations as we have no policy for that. In the past I have done some
> reviews where even a package SCM is done but reporter didn't import
> the package at all. For some packages I did it after waiting long.
> Can we have any solution like block the packages after some time if
> reporter will not import the package. That way such rel-eng scripts
> can avoid listing those packages. If anyone want to takeover such
> package ownership then he can just re-add the package SCM request or
> submit a fresh review request.
>
> Another thing, Its not always possible for a package owner to
> instantly import the package once the package SCM is done. So, if we
> still need to show such packages in needsbuilt then I see no solution
> for this case.

Well, yeah, I would say in this case after some reasonable time if the
submitter hasn't built the new package and you haven't heard from them
you could revoke your fedora-review:+ on the review, and close it. If
they come back they can resubmit it.

> I see that even if I will get my new package SCM done today and this
> script is run, I can see my package appeared in needsbuilt list
> whereas it has nothing to do with f18 mass rebuild as my package is
> totally a new package. Isn't it a regular package process where we
> actually have no restrictions on when to have a new package process
> completed?

Sure, there's going to be some small number of packages in that state.

The thing is: If you get a package built and tagged into f18 before the
mass branch it's easily. If for whatever reason you wait until after
that you will need to not only fix rawhide, but the f18 branched
version and deal with an update in bodhi, etc.

So, it's to your advantage to fix everything you can now before that
happens and save yourself some more work later.

IMHO.

kevin