[Guidelines Change] Change to the Packaging Guidelines

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Tue Aug 7 17:39:12 UTC 2012

On Tue, 07.08.12 17:35, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" (johannbg at gmail.com) wrote:

> On 08/07/2012 05:18 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> >Ok, what about this:
> >
> >"If your package includes one or more systemd units that shall be
> >enabled by default on package installation, they need to be listed in
> >the default Fedora preset
> >policy. [[http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/systemd.git/plain/99-default.preset|
> >The default fedora preset policy is shipped as part of systemd.rpm]]. If
> >your unit files are missing from this list, please file a bug against
> >the systemd package. Only services included in the
> >[[https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Starting_services_by_default|list of
> >services that may be enabled by default on package installation]] are
> >eligible for this."
> >
> >Or something like this?
>
> It's only logical since Fesco is responsible for what is and why
> it's enabled by default they should be the once that have to add the
> relevant unit(s) to that default preset file and commit those
> changes ( with proper change log entries on why they granted that
> exception in the first place )  once the exception has been
> approved.

Well, the default preset file is currently in systemd.rpm. I am of
course happy if FESCO just goes ahead and commits any changes to the
policy right-away, but other than that, I am happy to do this for FESCO.

> The only thing an packager should have to do is request for his
> unit(s) to be enabled by default then add the relevant macro to his
> spec file if fesco grants that.

The macros should be used anyway. The FESCO permission and addition to
the policy is something on top of this.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.