Notice: Fedora package maintainer unavailable until end of Sept. 2012

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 21:03:32 UTC 2012

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm going to be embarking on a month-ish long all expenses paid trip
to a luxurious pacific island and will be out of contact for the
duration of the trip.
I'm writing to let the full pool of fedora package maintainers know.
I've already updated the vacation page on the wiki with the estimated
dates.

Where you ask?  Adak, Alaska.  I know you are all super jealous of my
incredibly good fortune.  The "resort" is so secluded that there is no
generally available internet or cellular data coverage (until we run
8000 feet of fiber to our new building). Nor is there even reliable
satellite network there.  The travel agent I booked with (my boss)
scored me a really good deal...lots of planned "fun" activities to
keep me busy and away from the computer. If you are looking for a
great Pacific Island getaway... think Adak...especially if you like
touring empty nuclear weapons bunkers in your local sightseeing tour
package.

-jef"Adak: the USA timezone noone ever talks about"spaleta