TextMate 2 open sourced!

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Fri Aug 10 07:35:55 UTC 2012

On 10/08/12 04:24, Michael Ekstrand wrote:
> Yes. To get TextMate on Linux, one of the following is necessary:

Let me just add a note from disinterested party (I went completely to
the side of The Power and I am very happy with vim): I have met many
people asking for "TextMate for Linux" and when pointed to gEdit and
some of its plugins (which are written in serious programming
language(s) not in some stupid macrolanguage ... but that's maybe old
news and TM2 has something more serious), they left very very happy and
persuaded that this combo is better than TM. Just wondering, whether the
effort to port TM2 to Linux shouldn't be spent on writing plugins  for
gedit (if there is some real functionality missing).

Best,

Matěj