Is package lookaside cache based on file name, or md5sum?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 16:43:59 UTC 2012

Somebody please refresh my memory on this ... I seem to recall reading
that the lookaside cache stores and retrieves files based on their
md5sum, and won't care if two files with different checksums were given
the same name.  True?

The particular case I have is that I want to re-generate a documentation
PDF file, and re-upload it to lookaside cache, without changing its
name.  So in the "sources" file the md5sum would change, but not the
file name.  Will that work, or screw things up?

(Possibly this is explained somewhere in the project wiki, but I didn't
find it...)

			thanks, tom lane