HEADUP : change in PECL/PEAR packages

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Tue Aug 14 11:36:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just built php-pear1.9.4-9 for fedora >= 18.

Important changes :

- remove XML-RPC extension which is no more used (by pear)

So : 	Review request for php-pear-XML-RPC
	https://bugzilla.redhat.com/847690

- move /usr/share/pear/test to /usr/share/tests/pear

- move /usr/share/pear/.pkgxml to /var/lib/pear/pkgxml

Goal : avoid not needed stuff in php include_dir

As the moved files are not used at runtime (test and rpm metadata) and
as metadata are only used, in scriptlet, with full patch (expanded from
%{pear_xmldir}) this changes will not break anything.

Despite, I'm currently rebuilding all the pear package providing unit
tests (~90).

There still some unneeded stuff in /usr/share/pear (data and pear
metadata), I will work on moving it, but probably for fedora 19 (lot of
code change required, and upstream involved).

Regards,
Remi.