What's the reason for not accepting karma from Bodhi submitter

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 13:46:10 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 02:23:26PM +0200, Julian Leyh wrote:
> If you submit it, it means you already tested and approved it. Karma
> from you gives no new (quality) information about the package. It
> should be tested by independent people.

Not at all.  I might not be able to test the update, eg. if I'm fixing
a bug for someone else which affects a system that I don't have access
to; or if it's a fix for a bug which was reported but I was unable to
reproduce.

If I give positive karma, it's because I tested the update and found
that it fixed the problem, and that's a different situation and
certainly new information.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/