What's the reason for not accepting karma from Bodhi submitter

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 20 13:59:56 UTC 2012

Björn Persson <bjorn <at> xn--rombobjrn-67a.se> writes:

> If Bodhi were to be designed for proxy karma it should allow the
> maintainer unlimited karma points so that they could act as a proxy for
> more than one user. Allowing one proxy karma point but not more than one
> would be a quite arbitrary restriction.

My personal feeling on that is that proxy karma is rare enough that it's
probably better to just handle it the way it is now than to add extra code to
Bodhi to do it. Many maintainers wouldn't use their 1 karma point for themselves
anyway and could use it for proxy. Otherwise, they can find someone else to do
it.