is it fedora ruby

Mo Morsi mmorsi at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 18:32:43 UTC 2012

One of the projects accepted as part of Fedora's participation in the
Google Summer of Code was an effort to create a site highlighting the
Fedora ruby-sig's work around packaging the stack, and to provide
tooling to cross-reference gem and rpm metadata and assist in the
migration process.

The student working on the project (Zuhao, cc'd) has done an amazing job
on the codebase, and midway through the summer we deployed the site to
the isitfedoraruby.com [1] domain. I'm pleased to say the site has been
gaining interest amongst the Fedora / ruby community and recently we've
implemented some exciting features including a tool which to compare a
ruby Gemfile / Gemfile.lock against Fedora [2] and different views on
the data, cross-referencing package metadata and dependencies stored on
rubygems.org and in Fedora [3].

I encourage everyone to checkout the site and codebase [4]. Any and all
feedback (and patches!) are more than welcome.

  -Mo Morsi

[1] http://isitfedoraruby.com/
[2] http://isitfedoraruby.com/stats/gemfile_tool
[3] http://isitfedoraruby.com/fedorarpms/rubygem-activesupport/full_deps