bohdi AutoQA: depcheck test FAILED

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 16:36:00 UTC 2012

On 08/21/2012 04:22 PM, Kamil Paral wrote:
>> hi,
>> i need help, because the AutoQA DepCheck fails on the package
>> speed-dreams,but the package was pushed anyway.
>> AutoQA DepCheck log:
>> http://autoqa.fedoraproject.org/results/418027-autotest/virt04.qa/depcheck/results/speed-dreams-2.1.0-1.html
>>
>> the problem was already discussed on
>> http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=283254&page=2
> Depcheck fails, because your x86_64 package requires a dependency that is not available:
>
> $ yum provides 'libenet-1.3.3.so'
> Loaded plugins: changelog, langpacks, refresh-packagekit, remove-with-leaves, show-leaves
> No Matches found
>
> The package has been pushed just to updates-testing [1]. Please make sure it is not pushed to stable updates. Unpush it, fix the dependency problem, and then push it to Bodhi again.

Yes, the package is broken and must not end up in stable, agreed.

The next question is why. Looking at my own f-17 box, it's obvious that
the current state of enet is libenet-1.2.1. This is the same version as
in f16.The specfile is not conditionalized in any way. Still, the f16
build Requires: 1.2.1 whereas the f17 wants 1.3.3.

Which brings the question: how can the same spec could end up in a build
requiring libenet-1.3.3 (in f17) or libenet1.2.1 (in f16), even though
the correct version in both cases seems to be libenet-1.2.1? How could
anything built on F17 require a non-existing version, using automatic
dependencies?

I really wish I could understand this, thus becoming a Real Wizard - or,
possibly, just not a ...... (place for proper noun)

--alec