Mass changes to packaging

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 19:01:46 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 02:23:41PM -0400, Lukas Nykryn wrote:
> Sorry for this mess. After a discussion, we have decided, that the
> best way would be to create bugs for every packages and then helping
> creating patches for specfiles.

Just to be clear, I had no problem at all with the bugs being filed,
nor with the changes (which seem very sensible).  I just pointed out
it would be better if you actually fixed the packages, or at least
offered to do that for packagers.

> We want to give maintainers possibility to fix this on their own and
> because we want this change in all packages, creating bug seemed as
> a better option then spamming devel-list.

So my suggested wording for the bug report would be to give the
packager a choice: either they do nothing now and can fix the package
themselves, or they indicate that they want you to fix the package.

If you want to do 'watchdog', please go ahead :-)

Rich.