Mass changes to packaging

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Aug 21 19:55:52 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 13:24:53 -0400,
   Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> wrote:

>which should not do anything on an update.  It would auto-enable if
>you were installing the package when it was previously not present,
>but that isn't what you're describing.  File a bug maybe?

I'll need to keep better track. There are some cases where I do a reinstall.
If there is version conflict for an update, I will sometimes remove the
conflicting packages in order to test the update. Then later I'll put back
removed packages after they have been updated so as not to conflict
any more. So I might be seeing a combination of this case and upgrades
between Fedora releases.

I'm still hoping that the new feature will let me set a policy of nothing
new getting installed should be on by default.