Mate-Desktop

Thomas Spura tomspur at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 22 12:06:36 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 9:59 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu> wrote:

> Ri> For your information. I stoped working for the Mate-Desktop project
> Ri> for f18 because for me it is imposssible to to work together with
> Ri> Dan Mashal. One of the reason for my decision is this last talk with
> Ri> Dan Mashal today.
>
> I've watched a bunch of this go on and I agree that this person has
> overstepped the bounds of reasonable behavior on more than one
> occasion.

I completely agree.

> I just wanted to ask that you not let the actions of one
> person color the entire community.

When the community cannot limit the actions/flames/insults of one
person, this WILL fall back to the entire community.
(At least for people, who will be using mate on Fedora).

> I'm sure that a reasonable solution
> can be worked out in time.

As people prefer to leave the project instead of opening a ticket on
fesco, insults by Dan nothing will change.
By the way, Wolfgang is not the first one, who steps back because of
insults of Dan, just the first one who posts here about it as he wants
to continue on packages where Dan has no interests in. For proof, see
the communication above and [1].

When someone insults people, so that they step back or completely
leave the project, they should be kicked out. But as I'm not a mate
user/maintainer or Dan's sponsor, I'm not directly affected by that,
so we'll need to wait till someone is concerned enough about it...

Greetings,
    Tom

[1] https://github.com/mate-desktop/mate-doc-utils/issues/3#issuecomment-7179964