Packaging software compatible with only one Fedora release

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 01:12:55 UTC 2012

On 2012-08-25 22:52, M.M. wrote:

> Or is it better to add an explicit "Requires" (for e.g. GNOME Shell
> 3.4.x) to the Spec files? In such case, is something like "Requires:
> gnome-shell=3.4.*" allowed to specify all sub-releases belonging to
> the 3.4 branch?

You can't use wildcards like this, but I wonder if you could do this:

Requires: gnome-shell >= 3.3
Requires: gnome-shell < 3.5

I've never actually tried that, but it might work. If it doesn't,
someone tell me, cos I'd like to know =) (note I tried to keep in mind
GNOME naming convention, there: betas of GNOME 3.4 would have been
versioned 3.3.x and would presumably have worked with this theme.)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey